Results Strategic and Business Development Course develops a variety of managing and business skills with specific focus on process management and business development.
The course concentrates on maintaining the consistent meeting rhythm for the leadership team and reinforcing the culture of accountability around execution. The key elements of the course are training the leadership team in cascading the skills and processes to the employees, as well as developing a deeper understanding of growth strategies and organizational excellence.
Certificate of Completion:
Each participant is responsible for all readings, assignments and tasks and is evaluated upon completion of every module on a 100% scale. Participants must reach an overall score of at least 80% to receive the certificate of completion.
Program Lengths: 12 months
Training Hours: 56 hours
Method of delivery: Full-day classroom sessions
Course Capacity: 4 participants
Instructor: Barbara Reppert, CPA, CMA
Course Price: CAD 8,400 per participant
Module 1: Process Management (20 hours)
Process management is a broad field with a huge body of knowledge and a number of different labels. This module is not intended to ‘go deep’ into this topic, but rather to provide an overview of the concepts and provide some simple tools that leadership groups can use to clarify, create and/or improve processes in their business.
These are the objectives of this Execution Module:
- Help business leaders view their organizations as collections of processes as much as they are collections of functions or people.
- Educate leaders about how new processes can be differentiators in industries (e.g. Dell)
- Have leadership teams identify the handful of core process that, if optimized and executed consistently, improve overall performance.
- Teach leaders how to document processes, both “as is” and “to be”.
- Ensure leadership groups can create appropriate performance measures for processes.
- Orient leaders to change initiatives involving process changes.
- Introduction to Process Thinking
- Documenting Current Processes – AS IS
- Simple recipes
- Flow Charts and Process Maps
- Evaluating Processes
- Identifying measures of success throughout the business
- Identifying weak spots
- Improving Processes
- Compliance to established processes and accountability
- Processes and techniques for improving processes
- Defining TO BE processes
- Transition to new processes
Module 2: Business Development (20 hours)
There are three objectives for this Execution Module:
- Gain familiarity with marketing concepts, structure and process.
- Identify the appropriate level of marketing process and activity for the client.
- Plan and execute towards the desired marketing structure and targets.
- Marketing Overview
- This section introduces the marketing framework which comprises the execution module. It is built around an audit of the company’s current marketing activities & structure. The leadership team develops processes and skills to conduct the audit on a regular basis. The results of the audit will identify where there are gaps and may indicate specific areas in the execution module requiring special attention.
- Marketing Team
- This section focuses on the organization and people involved in marketing activities. It also introduces some organizational concepts such as “Smarketing”, and reinforces talent best practice.
- Market Research
- This section focuses on the research necessary to understand the potential of the target market. It concludes with an update to the Marketing Worksheet.
- Marketing Strategy
- This section introduces new concepts (eg. Path to Purchase), research by thought leaders, and drives discussion and action regarding Value Proposition, Strategic Pillars, and Performance Targets. The GROW model is used as a structured approach to identify marketing pillars for the next 12-24 months. It concludes with the identification of performance targets and an update to the Marketing Worksheet.
- Programs and Campaigns
- This section is focused on the identification and execution planning for marketing programs and campaigns that support the marketing.
- Measure Results
- This section ends the execution module with discussion and decisions regarding the measurement, collecting feedback, establishing a referral engine, and adjusting strategy.
Module 3: Strategic Planning (16 hours)
Results Strategic Planning enhances the leadership team’s skills in strategic planning, operational efficiency, and overall cohesiveness of the team. This course is designed to continuously improve key elements in a leadership team to ensure business success.
Strategic and operational planning –By using world-class research and best-practices influenced by global leaders in strategic thinking – Collins, Porter, Drucker, Hamel, etc – Results Canada’s unique planning framework emphasizes the creation of one-page strategic plans with a practical execution focus. This course is evaluated yearly to meet the needs of Canada’s changing economy, with the educational content updated regularly.
In order to successfully complete the Strategic Planning module, participants must:
- Complete all session pre-work including but not limited to: pre-session engagement surveys & reading, and workbooks
- Be an active participant in all full day training sessions
- Develop and achieve 90-Day Action Priorities every quarter
- Develop and achieve 1 Year Strategic Priorities by the end of the year
- Set short term and long term financial goals to drive company growth
- Perform a SWOT Analysis each quarter
- Participate in Team Building experiential exercises designed to align leadership teams